Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Crafty Laser Minnow
Fly Name: Crafty Laser Minnow
Tyer: Dirk Wirsam
Very simple and sparsly tied fly but don´t be fooled. This fly is very effective when fishing for seatrout! Espeacially in late spring where sandeels and other baitfish come close to the shore.
1. Secure the thread (Veevus GSP+ G02 50D) to the hook F314 #6:
2. Build the body with some silver Ice Dub:
3. Tie in a small bundle of Fly Fur Olive. Do not tie it as a "hollow style" because this the ruin the more streamlined shape the fly needs in the water:
4. Tie in some strands of green Angel Hair and secure it with Zap A Gap:
5. Tie in a small section of Hot Pink Ice Dub to immitate gills:
6. Then tie in two small bunches of Deer Creek Mega Laser Dub, white and olive as head:
7. Turn over the excess fibers and tie ind. Form the head by ripping of some of the dubbing. Finish the fly with some Zab A Gap:
8. The flies head is made from some 3D eyes and some Bug Bund UV glue. This fly is very simple but very effective. The colours can be varied in hundreds of ways to suit your fishing: